- East Bengal pips Royal Wahingdoh
- Dempo down lacklustre East Bengal
- East Bengal win in U-19 I League
- Bhaichung felicitated by East Bengal
- East Bengal U-19 clinch win
- PRACTICE SESSION STARTS AFTER THE BREAK
- KEB PLAYERS PERFORMANCE IN ISL
- KEB Players in the ISL
- Facebook Milestone For East Bengal
- East Bengal crowned CFL Champions
- East Bengal rout SAI East Zone
- East Bengal trounce Police AC
- East Bengal beat Southern Samity
- Kingfisher East Bengal rout Army XI
- East Bengal thrash arch rivals Mohun Bagan in CFL
- East Bengal rise to Ice Bucket Challenge
- East Bengal granted AFC License
- East Bengal to play in AFC Cup Qualifiers
- AFC Inspectors visit Kingfisher East Bengal
- East Bengal held by Kalighat MS
Posted on 29/08/14 by Kingfisher East Bengal
The first AIFF Club Licensing Workshop for the 2014/15 Football season successfully took place at the AIFF Headquarters, Football House, New Delhi today.
Present on the occasion were officials from AFC (Asian Football Confederation), as well as, representatives from the I-League Clubs. Mr. Sunando Dhar, CEO, I-League, also graced the occasion.
The objective of the workshop was to give the Clubs an insight into different aspects of the game, both on-and-off the field. The discussions dealt on marketing and promotion of the Clubs, match day activities, operations, roles of support staff and other relevant issues.
Mr. Windsor John, Deputy General Secretary, AFC, also Head of Competitions, asserted the importance of the Club Licensing, and mentioned AFC’s commitment to help improve football in India.
“First of all, I congratulate I-League for conducting this workshop,” Mr. John said.
“Club Licensing is a very important feature in the AFC Champions League assignment. The Clubs need to understand that this is not a policing license, but a license to develop.
“Hence, I ask all the clubs to embrace it. India has got tremendous potential. Small steps, a long-term plan, and the right people, can take it a long way.”
Mr. Mahajan Nair, Head of Club Licensing, AFC highlighted club development with special significance on the AFC development program – the Kick Off project.
Kingfisher East Bengal were granted AFC License & National License which was handed over by Mr. Windsor John to Mr. Arunava Bhattacharya - Admin Manager of Kingfisher East Bengal in presence of I League CEO Mr. Sunando Dhar.