- East Bengal rope in Leo Bertos as Marquee player
- East Bengal kicks off their pre-season training
- Goan domination over, Kolkata continues to wait for title
- World Cup Seminar at Club Tent
- East Bengal fulfills Licensing Criteria
- Armando Colaco to remain as East Bengal coach
- Football Almanac to be sold from Club Tent
- Ranti Martins inks deal with East Bengal
- East Bengal Finish Runners-Up
- East Bengal edge past Pune FC
- East Bengal lose to Churchill
- East Bengal outplay Pune FC
- East Bengal breeze past Mohammedan SC
- East Bengal beat Sporting Goa
- East Bengal held by Mumbai FC
- East Bengal thrash Rangdajied
- East Bengal held by Lajong
- EAST BENGAL CLUB - NOTICE
- East Bengal edge past Mohammedan SC
- Dan Magness perfoms Jugglery at the Kolkata Derby
Posted on 21/06/13 by ebfc
Kingfisher East Bengal defender Uga Okpara was voted the Best Defender of I-League.
Okpara was chosen as winners after voting from all the Coaches and Captains of I-League Clubs.
Uga who has been a rock in defence for the red & golds is often termed as the Chinese Wall by the fans. Okpara began his career with Enyimba International FC and captained the team to victories in the 2002 and 2003 African Champions League. For two years, Okpara was the Vice Captain of the Nigeria national beach soccer team and represented the team at FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup 2005 and 2007. On October, 2009 he switched over to Kingfisher East Bengal and continuing for the red & golds..