- East Bengal beat Mohun Bagan to retain CFL title
- East Bengal awarded three points
- Rabindra Jayanti Celebrated
- East Bengal thrash Yangon United
- Rabindra Jayanti Celebrations
- East Bengal v Yangon United
- East Bengal lose to Shillong Lajong
- East Bengal win against CC & FC
- East Bengal make merry against USFC
- Pre-Centenary Star Night Celebration
- East Bengal play 2-2 draw with Dempo
- EAST BENGAL CREATE HISTORY IN AFC CUP
- East Bengal face Sai Gon in AFC Cup
- East Bengal held by Selangor
- East Bengal face Selangor in Malaysia
- Subho Poila Baisakh
- East Bengal held by Sporting Goa
- Welcome Members and Fans
- Trevor Morgan Interview
Posted on 23/06/12 by Kingfisher East Bengal
Indian players jubilate after Manandeep scored the opening goal for India U-22
Report & Photo Courtsey: AIFF
India breeze past Lebanon 5-2 in U-22 AFC Championship qualifiers at Muscat, Oman.
Tears! They don’t always wet your eyes. Often they wet your heart. Your heart cries but your eyes stay dry. It’s a pain which you one can share with none, the pain of losing someone dear. After losing his grandfather three days back, striker Manandeep Singh whenever in solitude has howled. In public, his pain made him stronger as an individual.
He refused to go back to his hometown Hissar for the rituals. Instead, he chose Muscat, the Sultan Qaboos Sports Complex to be precise.
India opened their campaign by defeating Lebanon 5-2 in the opening match of the AFC U-22 Championship at the picturesque stadium. Manandeep paid the perfect tribute to his grandfather heading in a scorching header off a Lalrindika cross in the 16th minute to put India in the lead while Alwyn George slotted it past an advancing rival goalkeeper Nazih Hassan in the 39th minute. He added one more in the 55thminute while Jeje Lalpekhlua scored his first goal in the 71st minute and completyed the rout in the 90th minute.
For Lebanon, substitute Omar Kurdi pulled one back in the 48th minute while Abdul Fattah scored another in the 69th minute.
In the dressing room, Manandeep couldn’t hold himself back. His heart was too wet by then and tears overflowed into his eyes. His teammates consoled him. Tears of pain? Or Tears of Joy?
“I wanted to pay my respect to my Grandfather. He loved me like anything,” Manandeep said. Alwyn came over put his arm around his shoulder and the duo walked towards the team bus. The rest followed.
Sacrifice; History; Future! All in one match!
INDIA: Gurpreet Singh Sandhu (Captain); Abhishek Das, Souvik Ghosh, Deepak Devrani, Narayan Das, Ganeshan (Pronoy Halder – 65th), Milan Singh, Shaiju Mon, Alwyn Geroge, Lalrindika Ralte, Manandeep Singh (Jeje Lalpekhlua – 56th)