- East Bengal lose to Shivajians
- East Bengal lose in I League Derby
- NOTICE ON MEMBERSHIP
- East Bengal suffer back to back loss
- East Bengal lose to Churchill
- Payne Brace Seals Pole For Red & Golds
- East Bengal thrash Bengaluru
- East Bengal lost to Aizawl
- East Bengal play 1-1 draw with Lajong
- HONOURS EVEN IN I LEAGUE DERBY
- NOTICE / CORRIGENDUM
- Shyam Steel is the New Co-Sponsor
- East Bengal crush Chennai City
- Derby Tickets for Members
- East Bengal break Mumbai FC jinx
- East Bengal steamroll Minerva
- Red & Golds clinch win against the Blues
- East Bengal 'two' good for Churchill Brothers
- East Bengal edge past Shivajians
- East Bengal play 1-1 draw with Aizawl FC
Posted on 29/01/17 by Kingfisher East Bengal
Photo: AIFF Media
Kingfisher East Bengal routed Minerva Punjab FC by 5-0 margin in their fifth round Hero I League match played today afternoon at Gurunanak Stadium, Ludhiana.
Hero of the Match Wedson Anselme (8’; 64’; 66’) scored a hattrick while Willis Deon Plaza (40’) and Robin Singh (65’) netted the other goals for the red & golds.
Adapting well to the heavy underfoot conditions Kingfisher East Bengal recorded their highest victory margin in this year's League as they steamrolled Minerva Punjab FC by 5-0 margin and climbed to the pole position with 13 points from five matches. Minerva stays rooted to the bottom of the table with one point.
This was Kingfisher East Bengal's fourth win on the trot. East Bengal completely dominated the proceedings and opened the scoring in the 8th minute when Wedson Snselme nodded in a set piece from Lalrindika Ralte. Willis Deon Plaza doubled the lead in the 40th minute when he scored of a Rahul Bheke assist.
Wedson scored the third goal of a penalty in the 64th minute after a Minerva defender had handed the ball in the box. Robin Singh scored the fourth a minute later after a brilliant run and angular strike following a Willis Deon Plaza assist.
Wedson Anselme completed his hatrick in the next minute when he brilliantly capitalised on a through pass by Willis Deon Plaza.
Last time a East Bengal player scored a hatrick in the I League when Ranti Martins scored three in a row vs Lajong at Barasat almost an year back. No players were booked in the match.
KINGFISHER EAST BENGAL: Rehenesh TP, Rahul Bheke, Ivan Bukenya, Gurwinder Singh, Narayan Das, Wedson Anselme, Mehtab Hossain (Rowllin Borges), Lalrindika Ralte (Jackichand Singh), Nikhil Poojary, Robin Singh (T. Haokip), Willis Deon Plaza