- Rabindra Jayanti Celebrated
- East Bengal thrash Yangon United
- Rabindra Jayanti Celebrations
- East Bengal v Yangon United
- East Bengal lose to Shillong Lajong
- East Bengal win against CC & FC
- East Bengal make merry against USFC
- Pre-Centenary Star Night Celebration
- East Bengal play 2-2 draw with Dempo
- EAST BENGAL CREATE HISTORY IN AFC CUP
- East Bengal face Sai Gon in AFC Cup
- East Bengal held by Selangor
- East Bengal face Selangor in Malaysia
- Subho Poila Baisakh
- East Bengal held by Sporting Goa
- Welcome Members and Fans
- Trevor Morgan Interview
- East Bengal edge past Tampines Rovers
- East Bengal face Tampines at Home
Posted on 20/04/12 by Kingfisher East Bengal
Dempo SC held Kingfisher East Bengal to a goalless draw in the crucial I League match played today at PJN Stadium, Goa.
In a match which was essentially a must win for East Bengal, visiting coach Trevor Morgan fielded a three-man attack consisting of Tolgay Ozbey, Robin Singh and Edmilson Marques. But while East Bengal created several chances, none of the strikers could deliver the goal that they needed to stay in the hunt for the crown.
East Bengal’s best chance of the half, and then the match, fell at the feet of Brazilian striker Edmilson marques in the 30th minute when goalkeeper Subhashish Roy Chowdhury’s intended ball to defender Cressan Antao was snatched by Edmilson but with only the goalkeeper to beat, the Brazilian shockingly picked up the side post.
Tolgay was also presented with an opportunity but the Australian striker at first could not give finishing touches to a brilliant through ball from Mehtab Hossain.
Tolgay had another chance just before the change of ends but he was pulled up for a dive when claiming for a penalty. The decision was controversial as it was clearly seen in TV replay that Dempo stopper Rowilson tripped the Aussie striker from behind inside the box.
Dempo shut the doors in the second session and didn’t allow East Bengal too many opportunities to have a look at the goal. Substitute Sanju Pradhan’s intended cross sailed just over the bar and Edmilson, again, was wasteful when he directed his header wide from handshaking distance.
Dempo’s best chance of the half came from a free kick which Ranty Martins executed well but only ended hitting the crossbar.
Debabrata Roy of Dempo was adjudged Man of the Match.
With the draw Dempo SC became champions of I League. Kingfisher East Bengal have two more matches left, move to 45 points from 24 matches and will be eyeing for runners up finish now.
KINGFISHER EAST BENGAL: Sandip Nandi, Nirmal Chettri (Naoba Singh), Gurwinder Singh, Uga Okpara, Saumik Dey, Harmanjot Singh Khabra (Sanju Pradhan), Mehtab Hossain, Penn Orji, Robin Singh, Tolgay Ozbey, Edmilson Marques (Baljit Singh Sahni)