- Rabindra Jayanti Celebrated
- East Bengal thrash Yangon United
- Rabindra Jayanti Celebrations
- East Bengal v Yangon United
- East Bengal lose to Shillong Lajong
- East Bengal win against CC & FC
- East Bengal make merry against USFC
- Pre-Centenary Star Night Celebration
- East Bengal play 2-2 draw with Dempo
- EAST BENGAL CREATE HISTORY IN AFC CUP
- East Bengal face Sai Gon in AFC Cup
- East Bengal held by Selangor
- East Bengal face Selangor in Malaysia
- Subho Poila Baisakh
- East Bengal held by Sporting Goa
- Welcome Members and Fans
- Trevor Morgan Interview
- East Bengal edge past Tampines Rovers
- East Bengal face Tampines at Home
Posted on 16/06/12 by Kingfisher East Bengal
Ahmed Khan (L) with Tulsidas Balaram (R) - Photo: Monojit Chanda
AIFF have bestowed the honour of unfurling their Platinum Jubilee Celebrations by a Flag hoisting ceremony at Football House Delhi on the East Bengal and India legend Ahmed Khan on 23rd June,2012.
The barefooted genius made his mark in Indian football by an outstanding performance with the national team in London Olympics in July,1948 and in the European friendlies that followed thereafter. His skills caught the eye of East Bengal supremo J.C.Guha in the Olympic trials in Shillong earlier in the year and he virtually fought with AIFF bosses for his inclusion in the side.
Since then he represented the Country in 1952 Helsinki Olympics, 1951 and 1954 Asian Games, 1953 and 1954 Quadrangular. He was capped eleven times and scored three international goals for India of which two stand out. The first vs European powerhouse Yugoslavia in India's 1-10 loss in Helsinki Olympics and the other vs Burma in the Country's 4-2 triumph in the 1953 Quadrangular at Rangoon.He was an important member of India's Asiad Gold Medal winning team of 1951.